Rooms

Rooms

Ty Belgrave:

  • 1 bed studio

Grosvenor:

  • 1 bed apartment
  • 2 bed apartment
  • 3 bed apartment

Edleston House:

  • 1 be apartment:
    • Llys Celyn
  • 2 bed apartment:
    • Llys y Wylan
    • Llys y Dderwen
    • Llys y Banwr
  • 3 bed apartment:
    • Llys yr Onnen

Grosvenor House

Situated on the promenade

Shown on 1834 map

Grade 2 listed building

 

Edleston House

Grade II-listed Edleston House, built in 1898 as a nursing home

One of Aberystwyth’s most prominent town centre buildings, which for years held the historic records and archives of ancient monuments from throughout Wales

Built probably in 1898 as a nursing home by Dr Bonsall, now converted to use as public archive and offices

Colonial style symmetrical 2-storey, 3-window scribed cement render front with channelled ground floor. Steep hipped slate roof with wide swept boarded eaves; tall cement rendered brick chimney stacks. Tall cross frame French windows; central entrance with panelled double doors. The chief interest of this building is the overall, full height cast-iron Coalbrookdale verandah with decorative detail including finials, traceried spandrels, fluted columns to first floor and foliage capitals.

Ty Begrave House

Recently refurbished with a modern décor, Ty Belgrave comprises of 4 apartments over 4 floors all with prime sea views

Situated on the promenade

Grade 2 listed building set back behind contemporary cast-iron railings with wave moulded uprights.

Interior altered in conversion to flats although Georgian spiral staircase with steep winding handrail is retained.